Hello, I am Emily. I am a very patient and calm person with more than 20 years of experience working with children from newborn to teenagers. I now specialise mostly in newborn care but also work with a range of ages doing holiday nannying and temp jobs.
Over the years I have undertaken sole charge and shared care of children from newborn to 16 yrs. I have worked as a maternity nurse, private nanny, summer nanny, ski nanny, mothers help and worked with children, adults and families alongside various charities. I have experience of travelling with families, multiples, varying learning and physical abilities and other medical conditions.
In 2015 I undertook my postnatal maternity nurse training allowing me to specialise in working with parents and their newborns helping them to get acquainted and into a good routine. This was the start of Emily's Babycare. Sun and Snow Childcare was started several years before to allow myself the opportunity to spend the winters in my favourite ski resort. After 8 years living in Samoens I have returned to the UK and now spend the year alternating between maternity nursing, holiday nannying and getting away and travelling when I can. I love equally getting time in ski resorts sledging, building snowmen as well as exploring new places or sunnier climes and helping children swim or build sandcastles.
A big part of my life has been about travelling and seeing new and different parts of the world. I love to visit new places and have experienced living with different cultures in South Africa, Swaziland, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Pakistan, Laos and France.
I like to be outside and active and love to snowboard and hike and do yoga. Although I am also just as happy to be found curled up inside with a good book or film and some music. I'm a very laid back and calm person who takes everything in her stride.
I always like to be learning something new and regularly sign myself up to new training courses as I love to develop and update my skills.
· OCN Level 4 (2022) Reflux, CMPA and Early Childhood Allergies
· OCN Level 3 (2021) Sleep and Sleep Training in children
· OCN Level 3 (2018) Breastfeeding Training for Professionals
· OCN Level 3 (2018) Reflux, CMPA and Early Childhood Allergies
· DIPLOMA (2017) Counselling Children and Adolescents
· NCFE Level 2 (2017) Certificate in Understanding Autism
· OCN Level 3 (2016) Advanced Breastfeeding and Nutrition
· OCN Level 4 (2015) Postnatal Maternity Nurse Care
· DIPLOMA (2015) Child Behaviour (Distinction)
· BA (Hons) (2010- 2013) - Health and Social Care
· NCFE Level 2 (2013) Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
· TEFL (2013) Master 140 TEFL Course (Distinction)
· NVQ (2006- 2008) - Level 3 Management
· AVCE (2005) - Health and Social Care
· A-Level (2005) - Psychology
OTHER PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Maternal pregnancy, postnatal Complications and Birth Trauma
· Circumcision - practices and aftercare
· Paediatric First Aid 12 hour
· Reflux and Early Allergies
· Sleep and Sleep Training with Children
· Introduction to Play Therapy
· Developmental Baby Massage
· Teenage Pregnancy Awareness
· Food Safety and Hygiene
· Essential People Management Skills
· NSPCC Child Safeguarding
· Emergency first aid at work
· Early Childhood Education
Emily was friendly and relaxed and we instantly felt comfortable leaving our four month old son with her. He was so chilled out that week we can only think he enjoyed his time with Emily!! I certainly felt relaxed the whole time he was with her which allowed us to enjoy our skiing time.
Emily was excellent, she was punctual, smiling, was very confident in dealing with two active toddlers and planned several activities a day for the boys. My sister and I both agreed that Emily was the best Alps based nanny we have had.
R. told us yesterday that the favourite part of the holiday was his time with Emily so you can’t really beat that for feedback!
The children adore her and often ask when they will see Emily again. Soon hopefully!!!
It was the first time I had left V. apart from with my parents for a few hours and I needn't have worried at all! Emily did a fantastic job and we were really happy with her .
Thankyou again for being so brilliant with the kids and making our holiday even more stress free and relaxing
We found Emily to be friendly punctual and had complete trust in her with our children. Her calm and steady personality was just what was needed with 3 excitable girls and they resonded to her accordingly. Thankyou for everything.
The kids have had a great time with you and loved all the playing in the snow. We will definitely be in contact for next winter. Thanks for all your help.